Modi govt didn't let Parliament function: Mayawati
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Monday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of misleading people and claimed that his wrong policies have led to the killings of soldiers on border and death of common people in bank queues.
The BSP chief also said that neither the Centre allowed her to pay tribute to the deceased in the Parliament nor they are ready to compensate the deaths of people in bank and ATM queues due to demonetisation.
What else Mayawati said?
- Why the Centre can't pay Rs 3 lakh each to the deceased's families?
- The Tamil Nadu government is compensating Rs 3 lakh each to the families of 600 people who died due to the shock of former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's death.
- PM Modi, in place of showing care for the deceased, keeps asking people to make more sacrifices. Isn't it an inappropriate and unfair behaviour?
- BJP hired people for PM Modi's Kanpur rally.
- During the speech, the PM only reiterated what BJP leaders keep speaking at public meetings.
- PM in his speech didn't even talk about how long the people would continue to bear the problems incurred due to note ban.
- Around 90 per cent population of the country is deprived of withdrawing their own money from their accounts.
- BJP was unable to see Samajwadi Party's 'gundaraaj' during their two and a half years of ruling but with the UP assembly polls approaching, they have suddenly started noticing it.
- UP people should be well aware of the internal association of BJP and Samajwadi Party.
The ruling party abandoned the Parliament functioning:
- Not the Opposition, but the ruling NDA government didn't let the Parliament function.
- The government did not have guts to answer the Opposition's questions in the Parliament.
- PM had not time to debate over demonetisation in the Parliament but he was attending public meetings and misleading people through his false and provoking speeches.