Mulayam remains mum on Akhilesh in Shivpal's show of strength
Lucknow: Showing his strength in home town Etawah on Independence Day, senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Shivpal Singh Yadav attacked his estranged nephew Akhilesh Yadav for "weakening the party".
Shivpal said had Mulayam Singh Yadav not been humiliated, the party would not have received a drubbing in the state assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
At the "Shraddhanjali Yatra" under the aegis of "Mulayam Ke Log" organisation, the former state PWD Minister said that many people within the party weakened it and added that the farmers, weaker sections of the society and the marginalised had immense faith in Mulayam and were looking for guidance from him.
However, Mulayam, despite provocations, did not say a word about his son -- with whom he has fallen out after being overthrown by him as party chief on January 1 this year -- and spoke in general about contemporary politics.
He remembered the freedom fighters and said that when he was Union Defence Minister, he had given a befitting reply to Pakistan for its misadventures on the border.
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins
- Two-day Maharashtra Assembly session from today; Eknath Shinde govt to face floor test on July 4
- Koffee With Karan 7 trailer: Samantha Ruth Prabhu blames Karan Johar for 'unhappy marriages', Sara Ali Khan roasts ex
- 'PM has not actually understand MGNREGA', says Rahul Gandhi in Kerala
- PM Modi lands in Hyderabad for key party meeting
- Sena's Rajan Salvi files papers for Maha speaker
- Amravati chemist killed for supporting Nupur Sharma? Amit Shah orders NIA to probe case
- CBSE Board Results 2022 DATE: Class 10th, 12th term- 2 results at cbseresults.nic.in on this DATE - Check update