Mayawati hits out Akhilesh govt for announcing schemes in haste
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati on Tuesday lashed out at the ruling state government for befooling people by announcing various incomplete projects in the past couple of days including the Kanpur Metro.
Mayawati said that government has failed to fulfil its promises it made in the past and hence, it must not announce the new schemes just to gain publicity ahead of the Assembly elections in the state.
- Samajwadi Party (SP) government is launching the new schemes in a hurry just to lure limelight ahead of the 2017 assembly elections.
- The laying of the foundation stone for the 13,721 crore Kanpur Metro project is another example of state government's act of gathering accolades by misleading the people of Uttar Pradesh.
- Chief Minister's secretariat office was inaugurated today despite the ongoing construction work. State government is showing people that they are committed toward the development of state but it is only spreading lies.
- State government has announced to waive off Rs 680 crore debt on sugar factories but Akhilesh government took the decision in a haste and this would prove out to be set-back for the government. Subsidy must be provided to the farmers but Samajwadi Party provided benefits to owners of the sugar industries.
- Akhilesh Yadav should brief the population about the various small and big schemes promised by him during his poll campaigns ahead of bagging the CM's chair.