Mamata Banerjee dares PM Modi to send her to jail
The minister stated the revolt against the decision should be done by the younger generations as they have to carry the nation forward. "Ministers would come and go but the actual protest should be held by the youth of the nation. The young generation has the responsibility to carry forward this fight for the poor
Lucknow: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday dared PM Modi to sent her to jail while she would continue to agitate against Demonetisation. The minister said that she would continue to protest against demonetisation for the sake of country and countrymen.
"If the Prime Minister wants he can send me to jail but I will continue to fight against the problems suffered by the common man due to Centre's decision," said the TMC leader.
The West Bengal CM also said that the note ban decision would adversely affect Bhartiya Janata Party's vote bank and the party would never come to power in Uttar Pradesh. "Note bandi ke khilaaf janata karegi Vote bandi (People would not let you come to power in upcoming assembly elections).
The minister stated the revolt against the decision should be done by the younger generations as they have to carry the nation forward. "Ministers would come and go but the actual protest should be held by the youth of the nation. The young generation has the responsibility to carry forward this fight for the poor people," said Banerjee.
What else Mamta Banerjee said:
- The PM has finished India's economy and growth.
- We do not trust you or your mismatched wrong technology which you are advertising for.
- We are against black money and corruption but no section of society is to be tortured while taking steps against it.
- The PM has declared about 86 per cent of the population as corrupt.
- The decision would adversely affect the GDP of the nation.
- What Modi has done since he took over as the PM should be investigated.
- Uttar Pradesh has about 59 villages and out of them almost 39 do not have banking facilities. How are the residents of those 39 areas suppose to transact.
- The PM is trying to sell nation.
- The decision has been made to hide some scam.
- If given opportunity Modi would snatch away our homes.
Banerjee arrived in Lucknow earlier on Monday evening for the protest against demonetisation. Akhilesh and two of his ministers received her at the airport.