Mission UP: BJP National Executive in Allahabad from June 12
Allahabad: Buoyed by the success in Assam assembly polls, an upbeat BJP has decided to put all its focus on Uttar Pradesh.In order to galvanise the workers ahead of state assembly polls in 2017, the party will hold its national executive meeting in this Sangam city on June 12 and 13 next.
The state Bharatiya Janata Party President Keshav Prasad Maurya, already here to launch preparations for the meet, said all important meeting to be attended by apart from national party President Amit Shah, Prime Minister Narendra Modi , Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and all the BJP chief ministers, will strategise the forward march of the BJP in the country as well as in Uttar Pradesh.
BJP is fully aware of the fact that the road to Delhi always went through UP and 73 out of 80 Lok Sabha seats which it got in 2014 general elections was testimony of this. The party will leave no stone unturned to regain power in 403-strong Uttar Pradesh assembly hence the national executive is planned in UP for the first time.
- It was after 1932 that any national party would hold its national executive in Allahabad.
- The saffron party would launch its assembly campaign with this meet.
- Importantly, the state BJP Chief hails from Allahabad and it was due to his efforts that the national executive is meeting here.
- The Chief Ministerial candidate for UP assembly polls may also be announced during the BJP executive.
- Aapproximately 350 party leaders including Raman Singh, Vasundhara Raje Scindia, Manohar Lal Khattar and Shiv Raj Singh Chauhan are likely to participate in the meeting.
- The Deputy CMs of BJP-supported states will also be there in the meeting.
The two-day meeting will be followed by a massive public rally addressed by PM Modi and BJP President Amit Shah along with other senior leaders at K P College ground, also the venue of Executive Meeting of the Bharatiya Janata Party.