Mayawati should be ashamed of calling SP a party of criminals: Azam
RSS had said on Friday that reservation to communities other than STs and SCs seems like encouraging separatism in the economy. "Even BR Ambedkar had himself said that the need of the hour is that the reservation should be done away with as soon as possible to provide everyone with equal opportunity," RSS spokesman Mohan Vaidya
Lucknow: Senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Azam Khan on Saturday retaliated to Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati's remark that the SP is a party of criminals, saying that she should be ashamed of saying that as during her tenure, senior doctors were killed inside jails and their dead bodies were found in drains.
"BSP is full of disgraceful leaders. Mayawati should first count her own crimes before pointing finger towards others," said Azam Khan while talking to the reporters. Talking a jibe at her statement that over 500 riots took place across the state under SP's rule, he said, "She is so educated unlike us. We do not know counting till such huge number."
Azam recalled former BSP member and Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya's allegation which he made while quitting the party. Maurya had said that he felt suffocated in the BSP and accused the BSP supremo of auctioning the party tickets.
He also attacked the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RRS) on reservation remark saying that the organisation not only wants to eradicate the reservation system but also holds no respect for the constitution.
RSS had said on Friday that reservation to communities other than STs and SCs seems like encouraging separatism in the economy. "Even BR Ambedkar had himself said that the need of the hour is that the reservation should be done away with as soon as possible to provide everyone with equal opportunity," RSS spokesman Mohan Vaidya.
What he said on RSS?
- Dalits will give a befitting reply to RSS for their reservation remark.
- They want to scrap the constitution to eradicate reservation.
- They took the credit of Mahatma Gandhi's assassination and made a hero out of the assassin.
- RSS is not a social organisation but a strong political outfit.
- If the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on RSS's recommendation will bring the proposal to scrap reservation in the Parliament, their party will be finished.
What he said on SP-Congress alliance?
- Congress was demanding tickets from those seats where we have sitting MLAs.
- We cannot give ticket to Congress on those seats where they stood fourth and fifth positions in he last elections.
- The final decision on SP-Congress alliance will be taken by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
- I cannot do anything if anyone is miffed with the alliance talks. (He said on being asked about Prashant Kishor's anger over the alliance talks)
What he said about Samajwadi Party manifesto?
- SP will release its manifesto on Sunday next
- Whatever was committed by the party in its last manifesto has been delivered
- The completion of Lucknow Metro project was not mentioned in the manifesto yet, it has been accomplished.
- The metro project will be started in Noida and Ghaziabad soon
- The longest six-lane road in India has been constructed