I will not take services of govt counsel, says hurt Azam Khan
Lucknow:Stung by the observation of the Apex Court over his remark on Bulandhshehr rape case, the senior Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohd Azam Khan, in his usual fiery style, lambasted his own government lamenting lack of proper representation in the Court.
In a letter sent to the the Law department of Uttar Pradesh government, Azam said it seemed he was not part of the government. He asked the Law department that he would not take services of the government counsel and had already engaged noted lawyer Kapil Sibbal to argue his case in the Supreme court.
- Azam Khan had made some unsavoury comment in the wake of Buandshehr rape case of July 31 last.
- A petition was filed against him.
- The CBI investigating the case, issued notice to him which could not be executed.
- The Supreme Court, on September 27 last, had taken serious view of his absence from the Court and made some adverse remark on him while asking CBI why it could not be done.
What Azam has to say?
- Why the case could not be argued by the government on his behalf in an effective manner.
- I will not take services of the government counsel assigned by the Law department.
- I feel hurt by the attitude of the government towards me.
- I have engaged Kapil Sibbal.
Also read: Allahabad High Court asks CBI to lodge FIRs in illegal mining case
Also read: Happy and sad day for Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar