UP to have anti-land mafia task force to free lands from illegal occupants
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday ordered setting up of an anti-land mafia task force to curb illegal land grabbing in the state.
The decision was taken in the cabinet meeting held at the Lok Bhawan here.
Briefing the press conference after the cabinet meet, the Uttar Pradesh Power Minister Shrikant Sharma said, “As promised in the BJP’s vision document, an anti-land mafia task force will be formed in the state. No one would be allowed to grab land illegally on the name of religion,” adding “the Jawaharbagh incident was laxity of former UP government.”
A list containing the names of all such persons who have grabbed lands illegally in the state will be given to the newly formed task force.
Key highlights of Yogi’s cabinet:
- A system for online registration of complaint regarding the illegal land grabbing will be developed.
- Action will be taken over people who have grabbed private lands all across the state.
- Task Force will be formed on district and Tehsil level.
- Public holidays in the name of anniversaries of great personalities in school, government offices have been cancelled.
- Total 15 such public holidays have been cancelled in Uttar Pradesh.
- A week-long special session of assembly has been called from May 15.
- Rs 30 lakh compensation will be given to kin of CRPF personnel who were martyred in Sukma attack.