Akhilesh looks like winning the 'cycle race', may lead party into UP polls
In all probability, Akhilesh will lead the party in the coming assmbly polls in the state commencing February 11 next. The secnarion became clearer after Thursday meeting of Akhilesh when he received a massive support from the party as compared to other warring faction
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav looks like has bulldozed his way to the top with indications of the reigns of Samajwadi Party coming into his hands. It has been made possible after his father Mulayam Singh Yadav and Shivpal Singh Yadav coming on the back foot in view of party symbol 'Cycle' being in danger.
Both the party factions have staked claim on the party symbol and the matter is lying with the Election Commission which has asked affidavits of support from them. Taking a clear lead, about 220 MLAs and 60 MLCs, including some who were earlier with Mulayam-Shivpal faction, have extended their support to Akhilesh on affidavits to be submitted to the EC.
In all probability, Akhilesh will lead the party in the coming assmbly polls in the state commencing February 11 next. The secnarion became clearer after Thursday meeting of Akhilesh when he received a massive support from the party as compared to other warring faction.
The entire scenario compelled Shivpal and Amar Singh, another important player in months-long internal party feud, to volunteer for a sabbatical from the state politics though not to the liking of 'Netaji' Mulayam.
Akhiles assures tickets to his supporters:
- According to insiders, Akhilesh has made it clear that all the sitting MLAs who are in his support will get tickets in the assembly polls.
- He said after elections, he will do precisely what 'Netaji' will ask him to do.
- Akhilesh urged his partymen to victory in the assembly elections will be a befitting gift to Mulayam Singh Yadav who remains his mentor and father figure for the party despite having displaced as SP President.
- The changed political scenario in the state revived the possibility of pre-poll SP- Congress alliance in UP.
- Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee President Raj Babbar, however, speaking against it.
- It is speculated that another round of talks between Akhilesh and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi may formalise it.
- Congress poll strategist Prashant Kishor had initiated the alliance-talks though many Congressmen feel the party will be treated as 'inferior' in the seat adjustment and many of them will be denied tickets.
- Akhilesh has declared 325 candidates so far leaving other seats for the Congress in case the alliance is through.