Daughters of India maintained nation’s pride at Rio Olympics: PM Modi
Sanosara (Gujarat): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said it is because of the success of nation’s daughters PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik at Rio Olympics which enhanced reputation of India.
Addressing a gathering in the inauguration of first phase of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran for Irrigation (SAUNI) at Jamnagar in Gujarat, PM Modi said:
- Everyone should be proud of them and must support women power.
- We have to make sure that our sisters and daughters don't have to go in open for defecation.
- You must have witnessed how our daughters saved India's face in Rio Olympics and brought honour to us by winning medals.
- This is the true power of our daughters.
What else PM Modi said:
- I urge people not to repeat their old mistakes.
- We must understand that our girls are as capable as boys. Do not discriminate between them.
- After girls' performance in Rio, people have started saying that Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao and Beti Khilao.
PM Modi also appealed people to support their daughters to participate in sport activities.
Also read: VIDEO: PM Modi inaugurates SAUNI Yojna in Jamnagar