Shivpal broadsided Akhilesh, asks Mulayam to take over
Going to an extent, Shivpal disclosed that Akhilesh had told him to form a new party and form government with the help of others. "What do you think? How big a leader you have become to make such outrageous claim," he asked the Chief Minister
Lucknow: Seemingly deeply anguished over his expulsion from Uttar Pradesh cabinet, the state Samajwadi party president Shivapal Singh Yadav on Monday launched an acerbic attack on Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav while urging party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav to take over reigns of government as well.
A visibly emotional Shivpal, keeping all personal and political proprietary at bay, lambasted Akhilesh to the hilt and said, now the party had become full of land grabbers, sycophants, liars and indiscipline elements. "This is not the party for which Mulayam had given his sweat and blood," said Shivpal at a party meeting convened by party president Mulayam Singh Yadav, apparently, to thrash out issues which have plagued the party.
Going to an extent, Shivpal disclosed that Akhilesh had told him to form a new party and form government with the help of others. "What do you think? How big a leader you have become to make such outrageous claim," he asked the Chief Minister.
Also Read: Patriarch brings warring Samajwadi party leaders together
The outburst of Shivpal came a day after he was sacked by Akhilesh as cabinet minister and the party feud reaching to an abysmal low.
What else he said:
- The slogan shouting indisciplined party workers should be out of the party immediately.
- Those who cannot vouch for influencing ten votes jeopardised the grand alliance (In an oblique reference to Ram Gopal Yadav).
- Only honest persons can remain in the party not the brokers.
- I was with Mulayam since the inception of party in the 80s.
- What do you think, Mr. CM, I have suffered lathi blows when the party was in transition.
You may read: Akhilesh breaks down, says he would resign from post
- Who spread the rumours that I made Mukhtar Ansari join the party.
- Governments are not formed by slogans. It requires sustained efforts over the years.
- You oppose Amar Singh but you are nowhere near him.
- Where were you, Mr. CM, when I spoke to RLD Chief Ajit Singh to ensure party's seat to Rajya Sabha and even legislative council.
- It is not you alone who fought with BSP chief Mayawati.
You may also read: Has Mulayam’s magic worked; is Family really ‘Saath-Saath’ ?
Shivpal was at his eloquent best when he advised Akhilesh and his upstart supporters that read, learn and understand to be in discipline. If anyone wants to remain in the Samajwadi party, he has to be disciplined.