I see a youth driven Goa, says PM Modi, heaps praise on Parrikar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday said that he sees Goa as a 'Technically Trained and Youth Driven state . This state has a vast scope to develop tourism industry of the country.
Panaji: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday said that he sees Goa as a 'Technically Trained and Youth Driven state . This state has a vast scope to develop tourism industry of the country.
"A digitally trained, modern and youth driven Goa is being shaped today. The state has power to transform India," the PM stated. He further said, "With the new airport the impetus to tourism will be immense."
he PM said, "As far as the airport is concerned, I am happy that we are fulfilling the promise made by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This will benefit Goa."
ALSO READ: PM Modi’s demonetisation move created chaos: Akhilesh Yadav
PM applauds Manohar Parrikar:
The PM also applauded the former Goa CM and Defence Minister Parrikar and stated him as a 'gem' in his ministry.
The PM said," I thank the state for electing Manohar Parrikar and sending him to the Centre."
"Just like emperor Akbar had nine gems with him I too have many gems in my team and one of them is our Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
PM on Demonetisation:
- We took a key step to help the honest citizen of India defeat the menace of black money.
- The people have chosen a government and they expect so much from it. In 2014 so many people voted to free the nation from corruption.
- I just performed my duties but some people have their own measuring tapes and they judge every work of the government on their own terms.
- I have been doing agreements with other countries of the world so that we immediately get to know about overseas transfer of money from India.
- Black Money is an epidemic the country is suffering from since last 17 years and I have to root it out in 17 months.
- The special Investigation Teams have been working against the Black Money hoarders since last two years and have been submitting constant reports to the Supreme Court.
- I gave everyone the opportunity to declare their undisclosed income.
- I was not born to sit on a chair of high office. Whatever I had, my family, my home...I left it for the nation.
- I am not afraid of anyone.
ALSO READ: Demonetisation: Even RBI scrambles for cash