Officers investigating the cases of Gayatri Prajapati and Dr. Ayub transferred
The police officers who were investigating the cases of Samajwadi Party tainted minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Peace Party chief Dr. Ayub Khan were transferred on Monday.
Lucknow: The police officers who were investigating the cases of Samajwadi Party tainted minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Peace Party chief Dr. Ayub Khan were transferred on Monday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Alambagh Amita Singh, who was investigating the case of Prajapati, has been transferred and appointed as the new DSP of Bakshi Ka Talab.
IPS officer Dr. Meenakshi Gupta who was leading the investigation of the case against Dr. Ayub has been appointed as the new Circle Officer of Alambagh.
- Circle officer of Bakshi Ka Talab, Tanu Upadhyaya has been transferred.
- It may be mentioned that Amita Singh is known as a strict police officer.
Was this the reason behind transfer of Meenakshi Gupta?
Meenakshi Gupta is a trainee officer and was reportedly in favour to wash out all the cases against Dr. Ayub and prove him innocent.
Case against Gayatri Prasad Prajapati:
- A case was filed against the Samajwadi Party's tainted leader and six others under the relevant sections of gangrape and POCSO Act after the Supreme Court order.
- Prajapati was booked on the charge of gangraping a woman and attempting to rape her minor daughter.
- FIRs against all the accused had been lodged at Gautampalli Kotwali under sections 376D (gangrape), 376, 511,504, 506 and the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Case against Dr. Ayub:
- A Sant Kabir Nagar family had accused Dr Ayub of sexually assaulting their daughter.
- Father of the victim had said that he sexually assaulted his daughter on a continuous note and also gave her medication.
- A case was registered under sections 376 (2) (f), 506 and 304.