Mulayam socialism is different from Lohia,says Mayawati
Lucknow, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo, Mayawati, who is celebrating her 60th birthday today here, said socialist Ram Manohar Lohia would have ousted SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav from the list of socialist leaders, if had he been alive.
Mayawati, in her address after cutting birthday cake at her residence alleged that Mulayam’s ‘socialism’ is very different from the ideology of socialist leader Ram Manohar Lohia and he would have ousted Mulayam from SP if he was alive today. She dubbed Mulayam’s birthday celebrations and Saifai Mahotsav , organised in his native village, recently as utter waste of public money
Castigating ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh for harbouring anti-social elements which is responsible for deteriorating law and order in the state, the BSP supremo charged SP government of giving a raw deal to Dalits.
She threw a challenge that her party would teach them a lesson in the future. Adding, she chose the occasion to come down heavily on the BJP-led Central Government by saying that the Centre was using the name of Babasaheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar for ulterior political motives.
Highlights of Mayawati’s address:
- Criticized Mulayam for his lavish birthday celebrations.
- BSP will take revenge from SP in coming times.
- BSP follows the ideology of Kanshiram and her birthday is being celebrated as Jankalyan Diwas.
- Mulayam’s birthday celebrations were wastage of public money.
- Alleged Central Government for using the name of Kanshiram for political benefits.
- Modi did not bring black money stashed in foreign accounts as promised during polls.
- Hooliganism and Goondaism on all time high in UP.
- Citizens, at large, are sulking as the Centre did not pass on the benefits of falling oil prices in international market to them.
- UP did not develop even after giving 9 PMs to the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi neglected entire UP excluding Varanasi.
- BJP and RSS are inciting communal tension in UP.
- Urged party workers to extend financial help to the party.
- SP people have launched a vicious campaign against her calling her ‘Daulat Ki Beti’.
- UPites want secured environment instead of Ram temple.
- No one wants the development of Dalits.
- Launched her book “Mera sangharshmay jeevan aur BSP movement ka safarnama’.