Communal tension: This time Azamgarh on boil, several arrested
Azamgarh: Several persons were taken into police custody following arson owing to communal tension which gripped in Nijamapur village in Khudadapur police station on Sunday evening.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) AD Mishra said that people indulged into arson, firing and stone pelting after an FIR was registered against two persons on Saturday.
- Miscreants then created ruckus, he adds.
- People of the other community blocked the road at few places.
- Some youths belonging to minority community tried to enter the affected area but were stopped by the police.
- Police circle officer, several policemen and Sub District Magistrate were injured in the stone pelting.
- People started to protest again on Sunday evening.
- Police resorted to lathi charge.
- Additional police from nearest police station was requisitioned.
- Senior district officials rushed to the spot.
- The situation was totally under control while the school and colleges have been closed in the infected area, District Magistrate Suhash Kumar told newztrack.com