Amit Jani celebrates Mayawati's birthday with great enthusiasm
Muzaffarnagar: Amit Jani , once a Samajwadi party activist and the man who had vandalized the statue of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati in 2012, celebrated her 60th birthday by cutting a birthday cake weighing 60 kg.
“I am an admirer of Mayawati. I had desecerated her bust sized statue on the directions of Samajwadi Party (SP) Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and UP CM Akhilesh Yadav,” said Amit.
Several cases were registered against Amit.
Amit is contesting election:
· Amit is contesting the bypoll from his own party ‘Uttar Pradesh Navnirman Sena’
· He will contest the election from Muzaffarnagar.
· Inaugurated his office on Mayawati’s birthday.
What Amit said:
· We celebrated Mayawati’s birthday as ‘tolerant day’.
· There should be cooperation, tolerance and brotherhood among political parties.
· Vandalizing Mayawati’s statue was the agenda of Samajwadi Party.
· Unfortunately, I worked for SP.
· Akhilesh instructed me to vandalize the idol and dubbed me as anti-social element.