Yogi takes on previous regimes on first anniversary of BJP govt
Lucknow: Unfazed at the electoral loss only a few days ago, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath painted a rosy picture of the performance of his government during last one year claiming it has almost undone all the wrongs of the previous governments.
Speaking at a grand function organised to mark one-year completion of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Uttar Pradesh, the CM slammed the previous regimes of Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) for rampant corruption and 'gundaraaj'.
"Some pro-active steps by my government have succeeded in changing the perception of the people who are looking forward to BJP for peaceful, corruption-free and development-oriented governance," he asserted, while launching the anti-corruption portal of the state government.
"A year earlier, all the state governments were plagued with corruption. The previous government was busy in its own family feud. They were infamous for dynastic and divisive politics. But my government has opted no-discrimination policy in extending the benefits of all the government schemes to the last man of the state," he further stated.
He further criticised the previous governments claiming that they left an empty coffer for his regime making it almost impossible to waive off the farmers' loans.
"The finance department had refused to give us any money for the farm loan waiver scheme. But the BJP government somehow transferred Rs 80,000 crore in the bank account for farming," he asserted.
What else he said?
- There was a VIP culture in the electricity department.
- The roads were full of potholes.
- Investors used to stay away from the state.
- The youth was wandering for jobs.
- The law and order in the state is exemplary for other states.
- I am like Lord Hanuman who will burn down the Lanka of corruption.
Taking a dig at the previous government which claims to be the well-wisher of poor, dalits and backward classes, Yogi Adityanath said, "They did not allow the implementation of Prime Minister's Awas Yojna from 2014 to 2017.
He went on saying:
- Contracts worth crores were given for cheating in exams.
- Our government has ensured cheating-free exams this year.
- The 12 lakh students who boycotted the exams were 'Munna Bhai' and had nothing to do with the state.
- We have also ensured the implementation of NCERT books in schools.
- MPs, MLAs and bureaucrats have come forward to develop 2,500 schools into 'model schools'.
- We traced out 30 lakh forged Ration caards.
- Only four districts had electricity under the previous government.
- We will provide 20 lank jobs in next three years.
- MoUs worth Rs 25,000 crore will be implemented by the end of 2018.
- Next year, we will provide over four lakh jobs in 64 government departments.