Drunk constables beat shopkeeper in UP; dismissed
Shahjahanpur: Five Uttar Pradesh Police constables, who molested a shopkeeper and his wife in Shahjahanpur, have been dismissed from the service on Monday for their unruly behaviour.
A tweet from the Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police's (DGP) official Twitter handle confirmed their dismissal. The tweet read, "The concerned 5 constables have been dismissed from the service. Such kind of behaviour will not be tolerated and similarly dealt with in future too."
What was the case?
- Five policemen bought cigarettes from a shop in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur district.
- Shopkeeper asked them to pay for the cigarettes.
- Police constables, who were under the influence of alcohol, started beating the shopkeeper and his wife.
- Shopkeeper's wife accused the policemen of using abusive language by the UP Police men.
- Both shopkeeper and his wife were brutally beaten up by policemen with sticks.
- The complete incident was captured on camera.
- Police took prompt action after the video went viral in media and dismissed all five from their service.