OP Singh appointed as Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police
Lucknow: Om Prakash Singh, a 1983-batch IPS officer of UP cadre, on Tuesday appointed as the Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police.
Congratulating OP Singh, Uttar Pradesh police on Twitter said that it will look forward to work as a team under his dynamic leadership.
Public Relations Officer (PRO) to the DGP, Rahul Srivastava had welcomed him at Lucknow airport.
He was relieved by the Centre from the post of DG CISF on Tuesday. CISF gave a warm farewell to OP Singh with presentation of Guard of Honour and wished him luck for next assignment as DG UP Police. He is likely to join on Tuesday.
Former DGP Sulkhan Singh has already retired on December 31, 2017.
Singh was posted as the DGP of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). ADG (LO) Anand Kumar is handling the responsibilities until Singh joins here.
In an exclusive chat with newstrack.com, Singh recently said that he would take up the responsibilities with an aim of increasing commoners trust on the police.
“First of all, the need of the hour is to improve the image of police and to make people trust the system,” he stated.
OP Singh has served on various important posts in the Uttar Pradesh Police before moving to the Centre deputation. He has been the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Lucknow three times and Inspector General of Meerut.
Singh has assured that no one would be allowed to disrespect Law and Order in the state now. “All are equal in the eyes of Law,” he further said.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike