Eating with hand is more health-friendly, avoid cutlery
Lucknow: Spoon and forks are a common sight on dining tables these days. This is considered to be a sign of modern and sophisticated living . However , there is a saying in Indian scripture ,
"eating food with your hands feeds not only body but also the mind and spirit"
According to the Vedas, thdigits on our toes and fingers represent five elements. These elements works on food which helps cleansing negative vibes and preparing it for us to eat. These actions which are involved in eating have been derived from 'mudras'(hand positions) that are the basis fo ther yoga, meditation and classical Indian dance.
The five elements present in our fingers are:
- Thumb: Fire
- Index finger: Air
- Middle finger: Heaven
- Ring finger: Earth
- Little finger: Water-
Importance of eating with hands
- When we eat food, our fingers come in contact with the food before putting in the mouth.
- The nerves in our fingers sense the temperature and texture of foods.
- This prepares the brain for what we are going to eat which helps it to release the appropriate digestive juice and enzymes.
- Your mouth will be never burn while eating with hands.
- We are thought to have a certain kind of good bacteria which protect us from the harmful bacteria in the environment.
- These bacterias are present in our hands, mouth, throat, intestine, gut and in rest parts of digestive system.
- This pattern of bacteria is maintained when we eat with our hands and thus, we are protected from harmful bacteria.
- Although,it is important to wash our hands before eating
Feel of satisfaction:
- When we eat with our hands we pay attention on what we are eating.
- Mindless eating is one of the biggest causes of weight gain.