Lucknow: Spoon and forks are a common sight on dining tables these days. This is considered to be a sign of modern and sophisticated living . However , there is a saying in Indian scripture ,
- Thumb: Fire
- Index finger: Air
- Middle finger: Heaven
- Ring finger: Earth
- Little finger: Water-
- When we eat food, our fingers come in contact with the food before putting in the mouth.
- The nerves in our fingers sense the temperature and texture of foods.
- This prepares the brain for what we are going to eat which helps it to release the appropriate digestive juice and enzymes.
- Your mouth will be never burn while eating with hands.
- We are thought to have a certain kind of good bacteria which protect us from the harmful bacteria in the environment.
- These bacterias are present in our hands, mouth, throat, intestine, gut and in rest parts of digestive system.
- This pattern of bacteria is maintained when we eat with our hands and thus, we are protected from harmful bacteria.
- Although,it is important to wash our hands before eating
- When we eat with our hands we pay attention on what we are eating.
- Mindless eating is one of the biggest causes of weight gain.
Keep yourself updated with latest news through Newstrack App. To download App from Google Playstore visit here - Newstrack App