Fruits to avoid during pregnancy……!!!
Lucknow: To follow a nutritious diet is very important part for maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Avoiding certain foods and fruits and taking care to properly handle and prepare all food during pregnancy, helps keep you and your baby well.
A pregnant woman is surrounded with suggestions on what to eat and what not to eat. It is also said that fruits are good for very time but their are few fruits to avoid during pregnancy.
- Eating papayas should be avoided by pregnant ladies as it can lead to miscarriage or early labor.
- Unripe and semi-ripe papayas are rich in latex which leads to uterine contractions.
- It is believed that ripe papayas are good to eat during pregnancy as they are rich in vitamin C and nutrients which cures pregnancy problems like heartburn and constipation.
- Papaya mixed with honey and milk is an excellent tonic for pregnant woman during lactation. To be on the safer side, avoid having papayas.
- Medical professionals advice that pregnant woman should avoid fruits like grapes.
- Black grapes are one of the fruits to avoid during pregnancy specially during the first trimester as it builds heat in the body which is harmful for the baby.
- Pineapples should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Pineapples are rich in bromelain which can soften the cervix thus leading to early labor.
- Pregnant woman can have few slices of pineapple but not during the first trimester.
- To induce labor you can have ample of pineapple juice but it is advisable to consult your doctor before deciding.
- It is very important to avoid unwashed and unpasteurised fruits or vegetables during pregnancy. This will prevent the pregnant woman from getting infections from toxmoplasmosis.
Caution in your diet will help in having a healthy and safe delivery.Avoid these fruits during pregnancy and stay safe.