Yogi government in UP presents its first budget in the assembly
Lucknow: Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday presented Rs 3,84,659 crore tax-free deficit budget for the year 2017-18, ten per cent more than the last year.
Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal presented the first full budget of the government in state assembly in the presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath formally earmarking Rs 36,000 crore towards loan waiver of the farmers as the Bharatiya Janata Party had promised before the assembly polls.
Presenting the budget, the minister said that the state government had already made payment to the tune of Rs 22682 crore to cane farmers of the state during the first 100 days of Yogi government.
Here are the highlights:
- Rs 288 crore allocated to Metro Rail project.
- 598 crores to broaden the roads of the state.
- 451 crore for developments of village roads
- 71 core to join districts headquarters to four lane.
- 3972 crores allocated for development of roads.
- 50 crores for establishment of State Road Development Corporation.
- 300 crore given to 'Poorvanchal' and 200 crores allocated for Bundelkhand region.
- 300 crore for Deen Dayal Upadhyay urban development project.
- 385 crores for slum development project.
- 218 crores for Deen Dayal Antyodaya Project
- 3000 crore for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.
- 400 crores for airbase in the state.
- Re-development of bus stands in Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Faizabad, Ayodhya, Naimisharanya, Chitrakoot, Kushinagar and Deva Shareef.
- 5 crore for Special Investment Board.
- 10 crore for 'Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana'.
- 100 cr allocated for Free School Bags Distribution.
- 300 cr for School shoes and sweaters to kids.
- 123 cr for school books and uniforms.
- 21 cr for Free Girls Education till graduation under 'Ahilyabai Shijaj Yojana'.
- 142 cr for scholarships for backward caste's class X students.
- 1061 cr for scholarships for backward caste's class XII students.
- 941 cr for scholarships to Minority Class Students.
- 50 cr for Free Wifi in degree Colleges.
- 5 lakh 692 crore for 'Mukhyamantri Kisan Bima Yojana'.
- 85 crore for 'Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana'.
- 250 cr for 'Samuhik Vivah Yojana'.
- 1240 cr for 'Ramayan Circuit', 'Buddh Circuit', 'Krishna Circuit'.
- 800 cr for Infrastructure of Ayodhya, Varanasi and Mathura.
- 200 cr for cultural institution in Varanasi.
- 500 cr for 2019 'Allahabad Ardh Kumbh'.
- 60 cr for helicopter services to increase tourism.
- 20 cr for 'Kailash Mansarovar Bhawan' in Ghaziabad.
- 4500 cr for 'Pradhan Mantri Gramin Yojana'.
- 2013 cr for Rural Urban Mission in name of Dr Shyam Prasad Mukherjee.
- 2800 cr for drinking water in Bundelkhand, Purvanchal and Vindhya.
- 1000 cr for 'National Rural Drinking Water project'.
- 762 cr for 'Legislative Fund'.
- 3255 cr for building toilets under 'Swachh Bharat Mission.;
- 15 cr for encouragement of 'Mukhya Mantri Panchayat Yojana'.
- 451 cr for Rural Communication Routes.
- 251 cr for roads connecting to Nepal.
- 185 cr for building Bridges.
- 30 cr to establish solar street lights in villages.
- 200 cr for Agra drinking water project.
- 200 cr for 'Amrit Yojana'.
- 1500 cr for 'Smart City Project.'
- 1000cr for 'Swachh Bharat Urban Mission Yojana.'
- 240 cr for 'Namami Gange'
- 15cr for Pollution free ganga, Yamuna and Gomti rivers.
- 70 cr for Preservation of lakes and ponds.
- 647 cr for Prevention for floods.
- 112 cr for 'drop more crop' under 'Prime Minister Agriculture Irrigation Project'.
- 85 cr for 100 bed hospitals.
- 19444 cr allocated to 'Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan.'
- 2054 cr for 'Mid-day meals.'
- 551 cr for Secondary Education.
- 191 cr for Higher Education.
- 394 cr for modification of affiliated madrasas.
- 340 cr for Muslim Colonies.
- 52 cr for OBC hostels.
- 559 cr for 'Divyang pension'.
- 309 cr for Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court.
- 744 cr for relief from calamities.
- 134 cr for cultural programmes.
Every school will have photographs of 'Param Vir Chakra' awardees.
33,200 police officials to be recruited including 3200 sub-inspectors. The CM said that 1.5 lakhs police officials will be recruited, in coming five years, in the state.
Visit next slide to see budget in pictures: