State Government bans 'Yatras' in Western UP
Meerut/Muzaffarnagar: In order to keep communal harmony and law and order intact, the Uttar Pradesh government has banned all the 'Yatras' by political leaders in the western UP over Kairana issue.
'' No body will be allowed to tamper with the law and order of the state and will be dealt with a heavy hand,'' UP Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmad told newztrack.com in Lucknow. The strict directives had already been issued for all the districts in the western part of the state where threat to harmony was being perceived in the light of some 'Yatras', he made it clear. adding, the DGP said he was personally supervising the whole situation.
Fresh problem stare at the administration as the Bajrang Dal also chipped in on 'migration 'issue alleging the Hindu families are running away from Deoband in Sahrahanpur district also. It came after BJP MP raised the issue of Hindu migration from Kairana which assumed political proposition.
Section 144 in affected districts:
- BJP MLA from Sardhana in Meerut Sangeet Som had announced to take out 42-km 'Nirbhay Yatra' to Kairana to instil confidence among the Hindus who according to him are being forced to flee.
- The Bhartiya Janata Party seems to be divided over the issue as Hukum Singh, who first raised the issue of Hindu migration, advising Som to call off the Yatra as it might disturb communal trouble.
- Sangeet Som and his supporters were ,however, damant on taking out the yatra. They say despite fearing undue action from the ruling Samajwadi Party government, they will stick to their plan.
Samajwadi Party's Sadbhavna Yatra:
- The Samajwadi Party leader in Meerut Atul Pradhan's had announced to counter Nirbhaya Yatra by bringing out Sadbhawna Yatra.
- He alleged the BJP leaders were out to fan communal hatred and SP will not allow their nefarious designs to succeed.
- It may be recalled that Sangeet Som, who is a vocal Hindu face of BJP, along with Hukum Singh was charged with delivering hate speech during Muzaffarnagar riots in 2013.
BSP charges BJP and SP both:
- Mayawati-led Bahujan Samaj Party has alleged that BJP and SP are two sides of the same coin when it comes to foment communal disharmony.
- Both the parties are fanning communal passions in furtherance to their political motives.
To read more about Kairana issue, click: BJP probe team reaches Kairana to check Hindu exodus
Bajran Dal issues list of Migration
- Bajrang Dal claims of Hindu migration from Deoband in Saharanpur .
- Bajran Dal's state office bearer Vikas Tyagai issued a list of 40 Hindu families who had to migrate.
- He alleges that four localities of Deoband had no Hindu family left.
- National president of Sanatan Dharm Mahasangh Mahant Swaroopanand alleged that it was part of a large conspiracy.
- Another right wing leader Kuldeep Saini said that the Akhilesh Yadav government was trying to suppress the truth of Kairana.
To read this story in Hindi, click: UP GOVT ने कैराना में सभी यात्राओं पर लगाया बैन, धारा 144 लागू