UP traffic police introduces ITMS and SCSS in 12 cities
Lucknow: In a bid to reduce traffic congestion on roads and to minimize road accident, Uttar Pradesh traffic police have introduced their two schemes in 12 cities of the state.
The Integrated Traffic Management System (ITMS) and Smart City Surveillance System (SCSS) have been launched to bring a sense of order on the road, said an official post.
Objectives of ITMS:
- Reduce vehicle congestion on roads based on optimized signalling.
- Efficiently detect traffic violation like red light jump, over speeding and lane disciplines.
- Increase travel speed, efficiency and road safety.
- Prosecution of traffic violators and traffic law enforcement.
Objectives of SCSS:
- Live surveillance through CCTV network.
- Help maintaining law and order through proactive approach.
- Provide assistance during emergency services.
- Provide a platform for effective monitoring.