UP Elections did not belong to Congress: Manoj Tiwari
Barabanki: Launching a vitriolic attack on the Congress, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Manoj Tiwari on Monday said that the former had already realised that coming 2017 Uttar Pradesh elections did not belong to them at all.
Ridiculing the Congress’ move to name 78-year old Sheila Dixit as the chief ministerial face in UP assembly polls, he commented “had they expected anything from the elections, they would have named Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as the CM nominee.”
Taking a dig over Congress, Bhojpuri superstar said that the party knew it fully well that there was a BJP wave in UP and they would be wasting time here.
MP Manoj Tiwari was here to unveil a statue at Gandhi Panchayati Inter College in Sahadat Ganj town of Barabanki.
Manoj Tiwari said-
- BJP is going to form the government in UP.
- The Samajwadi party government in the state had always adopted the attitude of non-cooperation with the Centre despite 73 seats of BJP in the state.
- The time is right for UP to give its reins to BJP.
- BJP is the only party which can bring development to caste-ridden and corruption-hit Uttar Pradesh.
- This is going to happen because the people of the state have fed up of the equally inefficient governments of BSP and SP.
BJP sets up seven-member team to probe into Etah Hooch tragedy