UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav may contest from Kannauj seat
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav may contest his first assembly election from Kannuaj in the 2017 Vidhan Sabha polls,the ruling Samajwadi Party sources toldnewztrack.com.
In fact, the major seats in the Etah,Azamgarh, Mainpuri, Etawah and Firozabad are already in the possession of SP, mostly be Mulayam singh Yadav family members, the seat in Kannuaj looks like a advantageous proposition for the party to contest Akhilesh from here.
Akhilesh's first assembly election
- Akhilesh has never contested the assembly polls.
- He made his political debut in 2000 from winning Kannuaj parliamentary seat,presently held by his wife Dimple Yadav.
- He resigned as Kannuaj MP after becoming the CM.
- Later,he became member of the Upper House of the state legislature.
Advantage of Kannuaj being Dimple's contituency
- Akhilesh's wife Dimple Yadav is already the MP from Kannuaj Lok sabha seat.
- It will give advantage to Akhilesh in assembly elections.
- Party feels ,it may positively impact the other seats around Kannuaj.
UP CM's recent announcements
- Political anlysts feel that reecnt projects announced by the CM is prelude to his poll ambitions.
- UP CM announced perfume museum and park in Kannuaj, the city of Perfume