Aparna Yadav in politics, all the (SP) president's men
Lucknow: It seems like Samajwadi Party (SP) family tree is on full boom, as now the party has given ticket to Mulayam’s younger daughter-in-law Aparna Bisht Yadav from Cantonment assembly seat in Lucknow for 2017 elections. She will be the 10th member of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav 's family to enter the politics.
“Aparna Yadav is the party contestant from Cantt seat for the 2017 Vidhan Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh, senior SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav said in a statement.
The Cantt seat:
Rita Bahuguna Joshi of Congress is the sitting Member of Legislative Assembly from this seat.
The seat was once dominated by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as Satish Bhatia who won on the seat twice was replaced by Suresh Tiwari.
The Cantt seat comprises of 3.15 lakh voters out of which 60,000 are Brahmins, 50,000 Dalits0, 40,000 Vaishta, 20,000 Mulims and rest are from backward and other classes.
Was Prateek’s wish:
Prateek Yadav, in an interview a year ago, had said that he was not interested to join politics but he would like his wife Aparna Yadav to join party fold.
Aparna, hit the headlines, when it came to the notice of media that she is a great admirer of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. She even attended the convocation of Babasaheb Bheem Rao Ambedkar University to listen Modi’s speech.
During the wedding of Prateek's cousin Tej Pratap Singh, she had even managed to click a selfie with Modi along with her husband in Saifai.
She is a trained classical singer. She had performed with the legendary singer Hariharan in January last during annual Lucknow festival.
The Samajwadi Parivar
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, Samajwadi Party president. Was CM in 1989, 1993 and 2003; Union Defence Minister in the United Front government in 1996.
- Akhilesh Yadav: Mulayam's son from his first wife, the late Malti Devi, Akhilesh first won the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat in the 2000 by-poll. Became the youngest Chief Minister of UP in 2012.
- Dimple Yadav: Daughter of a former army officer and a Rajput from Uttarakhand, Akhilesh's wife and second time MP from Kannauj.
- Ram Gopal Yadav: Cousin of Mulayam, he is SP general secretary and is considered the party's think tank. Has been Rajya Sabha MP since 1992.
- Shivpal Yadav: Mulayam's younger brother and Cabinet Minister with several important portfolios. Seen as Number 2 in the Akhilesh ministry.
- Aditya Yadav aka Ankur Yadav: Elder son of Shivpal Yadav, and now Chairman, Pradeshik Co-operative Federation (PCF).
- Dharmendra Yadav: Son of Mulayam's younger brother Abhay Ram, elected to Lok Sabha from Mainpuri in a by-poll in 2004; re-elected from Budaun in 2009 and 2014.
- Akshay Yadav: Son of Ram Gopal Yadav. Elected to Lok Sabha from Ferozabad in 2014.
- Tej Pratap Yadav: The newest entrant from the family into politics. Elected MP from Mainpuri in by-poll held on Sep 13, 2014.
- Aparna Yadav: Wife of Mulayam's younger son Prateek Yadav, is known for her social service, classical singing and other activities