Schools will not be closed on birth and death anniversaries of social leaders: UP CM
The CM further stated that children must be given a chance to take inspiration from the great leaders. "To ensure that children take inspiration from the great leaders, special programmes should be organised on the occasion," Yogi said
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has announced that now onward schools of the state will not remain close on birth and death anniversaries of any of the social leaders, rather special programmes will be held to educate the school children about the greatness of the leaders.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath made an announcement regarding this on while addressing a gathering in a programme to mark the 126th birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar, here, on Friday.
The Chief Minister said, “It is not a great idea to close the schools on the occasion of birth or death anniversaries of great people. In fact, many times, children do not even know why the school has been closed.”
The CM further stated that children must be given a chance to take inspiration from the great leaders. "To ensure that children take inspiration from the great leaders, special programmes should be organised on the occasion," Yogi said.
What he said on closure of schools:
- Closure of schools on various occasions was not in the interest of children and their future.
- Closing educational institutions on such days defeats the purpose of commemorating a holiday.
- Rule books say that schools should have 220 working days but the target is rarely achieved because of too many holidays.
- This leaves the teachers with about 130-140 working days which is not enough for students to learn.
What else he stated:
- The struggle and journey of Dr. Ambedkar is a story that has inspired many generations and will continue to do the same in future as well.
- I want to reiterate that the Bharatiya Janata Party government is not prejudiced towards any caste or religion.
- We are committed to mainstream sections of society that have been left behind in the race for development.
- Any kind of discrimination and untouchability will not be allowed under BJP rule.
You may also read: A railway officer will be special secretary to UP CM Yogi