Jitu Rai disappoints; fails to qualify for 50m Men’s Pistol final
Rio de Janeiro: Indian Shooter Jitu Rai on Wednesday finished 12th to miss the qualifying round for the finals of the 50 metre Pistol Men’s event at the Rio Olympics 2016. Shooter Prakash Nanjappa of India also bowed out of the event by finishing at 25th position.
Jitu’s cumulative scores, after the six series qualification round, remained 92, 95, 90, 94, 95 and 88 to hit a total of 554.
- Jitu Rai started first series at second spot
- He landed himself on 11th spot by firing 37 shots from four rounds
- He bounced back in the second series and clinched the fifth spot
- During the third series, he dropped to the 12th position but soon re-gained the seventh place
- He retained his seventh position in the fourth series and came on to fifth place in fifth series
- He got a terrible start in the sixth series as he hit three shots to score 26. He followed up his first three shots with a 10 to climb up to fourth spot only to slip to 7th after a paltry from his seventh slot
- A terrible 7 in the next shot dipped him further to 12th to end his campaign.
Earlier on Saturday, Jitu Rai had earlier made it to the finals of the men's 10m Air Pistol event but could not get into medal contention.