Rahul Mahajan extends support to Swati Singh and her daughter
Lucknow: Rahul Mahajan, the son of deceased Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, on Saturday pitched himself in support of expelled BJP leader Dayashankar’s wife Swati and his minor daughter saying he was exploring options to file case against BSP leaders under Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) act.
“My heart bleeds for the little girl who is under tremendous stress over the unsavoury comments made about her and her mother Swati Singh by Bahujan Samaj Party leaders during their protest on Thursday last,’’ he said at a press conference.
Mahajan was here to meet Swati Singh and said her daughter was not well in the wake of ongoing controversy and the kind of verbal harassment, they had gone through was not seen in any civilized society.
Rahul Mahajan said;
- The press conference has nothing to do with the politics.
- Even the Terrorist group like ISIS will never do what BSP men did.
- We are taking legal advise for imposing POCSO under provisions of section 11 of the act against BSP men.
- Every political party should condemn it and extend full moral support to the family like BJP.
- No more politics should be done on this issue.
- I never knew anything about Swati but came here to hear about the ordeal of little girl.
Ashwin thanks Kumble, Kohli for promoting him in batting order