Priyanka Gandhi may be Congress party’s Chief campaigner in UP
Lucknow: Priyanka Gandhi may lead the Congress party campaign during the upcoming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh in view of the growing demand of the party workers for the same.
With Congress party’s demoralising performance in elections in the past, party men are rooting for Priyanka Gandhi to save the sinking ship of the party. She has so far concentrated only Amethi and Rae Bareilly constituencies. She should focus her attention on other areas too.
Few Congress leaders like Ghulam Nabi Azad and P.L. Punia are also in favour of this.
- Priyanka Gandhi's role which was limited to Amethi and Rae Bareilly may be expanded soon.
- She is an influential personality and if she campaigns it will be beneficial for us.
As per reports, Congress can make a declaration about campaigning in the next 48 hours.
From Lok Sabha elections, the infamy ghost is haunting Congress party and somewhere and somehow have created their image no less than minnows.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) took a jibe at the Congress for preferring Priyanka to Rahul. In other words it is an admission of failure of Rahul Gandhi to lead the party.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra said:
- Congress is eager to bring in Priyanka Gandhi for UP makes certain things clear.
- One is that the Congress can never come out of its family; they even want leadership in Gandhi family.
- Congress' attempt to bring in Priyanka shows that Rahul Gandhi has failed. If Rahul had succeeded that there would not have been called Priyanka.
Also read: SP MLA's fires at a Dalit, police refused to register the case