PM Modi does 'Mann ki Baat' with e-rickshaw pullers
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his maiden visit to Uttar Pradesh state capital, Lucknow after assuming the post, did ‘Mann ki baat’ with e-rickshaw pullers and their families.
Modi in his ‘Mann ki baat’ with the families of rickshaw pullers said that these e-rickshaws will bring change in their lives. Adding, he said that Indian economy is the fast growing economy of the world.
The Prime Minister even said, many countries of the world succumbed in recession but India survived the situation.
Highlights of Modi’s speech:
- When a tourist first comes to India, they meet the driver and the impression what a driver leaves about India stays with the tourist.
- A transformation is happening, an auto-wallah can do things which a PM cannot do.
- Auto-wallah promote our nation, our tourism
- Indian economy is the fastest growing economy of the world.
- Many countries succumbed to the recession but India survived the situation.
- Entire world can see that if there is an economy that is moving towards development fast, it is India.
- World Bank, IMF, or world's different rating agencies-everyone is agreeing to this fact.
- Target is to provide employment to the youths.
Target is to provide employment to the youths[su_slider source="media: 4349,4350,4351,4352,4353,4354,4355,4356,4357,4358,4359,4360,4361" width="620" height="440" speed="200"]
Later, Modi paid floral tributes to Dalit icon Babasaheb Bheemrao Ambedkar and said the late leader's life was a lesson in how education could be a tool of empowerment.
Special feature of E-rickshaw:
- These e-rickshaws are equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Are being provided with the cooperation of UCO bank.
- The cost of each rickshaw is Rs 1.4 lakhs.
- Ownership of the rickshaw will be given to their wives.
- These rickshaw pullers have got the training from a private enterprise BMC.
- License was given to them after they passed the exam.
Watch picture of PM Modi while paying tribute to Bheemrao Ambedkar in the slider
[su_slider source="media: 4369,4370,4371,4372,4373,4374,4375,4376,4377,4378,4379,4380,4381,4382" width="620" height="440" speed="200"]