Hapur: Eight coaches of Faizabad bound Delhi-Faizabad Express derailed in Garhmukteshwar of Hapur district in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday night.
“The derailment occurred at Albakshpur around 40 kms from the district headquarters at around 2100 hours,” Additional Director General Railways Anil Saxena said.
The railway control room has issued a helpline –9454405126 and the helpline number issued by Meerut district hospital is –9410609434.
- Several passengers sustained injuries and were rushed to the nearest hospitals.
- There were no casualties.
- Accident Relief Trains were dispatched to the site from Delhi and Moradabad. Senior Railway officials also rushed to the spot.
- Traffic on both Up and Down lines on the Delhi-Moradabad section were affected due to the derailment.
- Routes of several trains were diverted.
Keep yourself updated with latest news through Newstrack App. To download App from Google Playstore visit here - Newstrack App