TV show prompted Noida fashion designer to ‘design’ kidnapping
Noida: Inspired by television show ‘Crime Patrol’, Noida based fashion designer, Shipra Kataria Malik, faked her kidnapping to avoid her debtors.
The 31-year-old had got missing from Sector 37 on Tuesday last giving impression of her kidnapping. She was found in Jhajjar of Haryana in the wee hours on Friday.
She confessed to her design during police interrogation
Shipra could be found after on the direct involvement of Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmad into the matter and the DIG of Meerut range Laxmi Singh was asked to supervise the case. She was being interrogated by the police, not fully believing what she had told them, sources told ‘newztrack.com’ on Friday morning.
Shipra faked her kidnapping:
- She took a roadways bus to Jaipur on February 29.
- Stayed overnight at Khatu Shyam Temple of Jaipur.
- Took a bus to Gurgaon after watching media reports of her own case next day.
- Reached Jhajjar in Haryana at around 2300 hours.
- Told by-passers that she was kidnapped.
- Called her husband from the mobile of Sultanpur village sarpanch.
She was missing from Sector 37 of this NCR district and the Special Task Force (STF) was pressed into job to search her.
What is the case:
- A case was registered at Kotwali Sector 20 of Noida in this regard and STF teams had been deployed to assist Noida police, he added.
- Police had formed eight teams on the order on Inspector General.
- The teams included three circle officers (CO), five station officers (SO) and a team of crime branch and UP STF.
- Shipra’s relatives had also posted her missing report on social media sites seeking help.
- Her car was found abandoned in Sector 29 on Tuesday last.