Jolt to Akhlaq's family as court rejects meat re-test plea
Greater Noida: A local court on Tuesday rejected the plea moved by the family members of Dadri lynching victim Mohammad Akhlaq seeking fresh test of the meat sample taken from near their house in Bisahda village last year.
What the court said?
- Court rejected the plea moved by Mohammad Akhlaq’s family members
- Court noted that meat recovered near the transformer is part of evidence in the case
- A case of cow slaughter has been lodged against Akhlaq and six of his relatives
On October 3, 2015, a two-page report attributed to the joint director of Mathura forensic laboratory said, “On the basis of chemical analysis, the sample belongs to cow or its progeny."
What is the case?
- Mohammad Akhlaq was killed by a mob on September 28, 2015
- 16 people including few minors were jailed in this case