Court grants bail to JNU students Umar Khalid Anirban
New Delhi: Jawahar Lal Nehru University students Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya were granted bail by Delhi Court against the charges they were facing for allegedly shouting 'anti- national' slogans.
The court ordered the students to compensate a bail bond and surety amount of 25,000 each. These two were granted bail after two weeks of rebellious fellow student getting bailed for the similar reasons.
- Anti -national slogans were shouted on February 9 last at JNU campus at a rally conducted to memorialize Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru.
- JNU Student Union President Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested by the Delhi police on February 12 followed by the surrender of Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya.
- Knahaiya Kumar along with Umar and Bhattacharya became the topic of discussion for whole nation as a result of Kumar's recent public speeches.
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar held by Delhi police after a tape of his shouting anti-national slogans being released but he got interim bail on 3rd March last, the court stating that the video was fake.
- The Patiala house Court on 3rd March directed the Jail authorities to give Umar and Anirban an interim bail.
Celebrating the release of his mates Kanhaiya Kumar said that this descision of judiciary reflects that the country has not entirely been painted saffron. He stated that no matter what the JNU students will never break their unity.