Jawaharbagh violence: SC to hear on a PIL demanding CBI probe
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ashwini Upadhyay has filed public interest litigation (PIL) over the Jawaharbagh violence of June 2 last in Mathura in the Supreme Court.
The Apex court will hear the PIL on Tuesday.
While on the other hand, the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) of Uttar Pradesh has attacked the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and has raised the question that why his ministry failed to get the information that there were naxalites also with the illegal encroachers in Jawaharbagh area in City Kotwali of Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Twenty nine people including two senior policemen were killed in the Jawaharbagh violence.
- Ram Vriksha Yadav, the mastermind behind it had got political shelter, petitioner accused.
- Yadav was running his collateral government in Jawaharbagh since two years.
- One cannot pile up arms and ammunition without political shelter.
- The Petitioner has presented media reports in his petition.
- Had requested the court for fair probe in the matter.
- Has also demanded for Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the matter.
- Questions raised on the compensation policy of Uttar Pradesh government.