It rains money for Gomti River Front project amid apprehensions
LUCKNOW: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's tall claims of eradicating corruption has faded away with his government ignoring the rule books to project itself a ‘star developer’ ahead of the 2017 UP assembly elections. The ruling Samajwadi Party government has allocated more Rs 1513 crore for the Gomti River Front project amid reports of total opacity in its execution.
It is to be mentioned that government had earlier cleared Rs 656 crores for the ‘Gomti River Front’ project but no one from the nodal department i.e irrigation is now ready to disburse the details of the expenditure on the development works till date.
Newztrack.com had earlier reported about the apprehension of gross misuse of funds in the ongoing project. Engineers and even the concerned authorities in the government department flatly declined to give details about earthwork which smacks of some shady things going on in UP.
What the executive engineer said?
- Roop Singh Yadav is the in-charge of the mega project, said to be dream project of senior minister Shivpal singh Yadav.
- Roop Singh is posted as in charge despite being junior for the project of this magnitude.
- He denied to give away details of the ongoing earthwork
- He gave a vague reply to a query that single rate was not fixed for the purchase of sand
- The estimated price would come out once the project is completed
- He was also clueless about the environmental clearance for the project
The Gomti River Front Development:
- Beautification of Gomti River is being done from Pucca Pul to Saheed Path.
- The length of this project is 12 kms.
- A parking for 300 cars is being made along the river.
- Colourful fountains, Amphitheatre, Open Market and others are also being constructed.
- Sand is being filled on both sides of the river bank.
- The project is backed by Japan and Malaysia.
- The permanent construction on the bridges on this 12 km long span is being illuminated with German lights.
- Irrigation department would link the Sharda Canal to upstream Gomti river.
- The Sharda Canal may release 750 cusec of water in case of emergency.
- The Irrigation department is also planning to deploy the boating service for people.
Company given contract is blacklisted
- Company, who was given contract for the development of Gomti River Front, is blacklisted in several states
- Sources say that Lucknow Metro advisor, E Shridaran raised fingers on company’s working standards