'Head down' were the last words of my father, Tanzil’s daughter
Lucknow: ‘Head down’ were the last words of slain National Intelligence Agency (NIA) officer Tanzil Ahmad, who was shot dead by unidentified assailants on Saturday night in Bijnore of Uttar Pradesh.
He was in the driving seat of his Wagon-R car with his wife sitting beside him and two children Zimnish and Sahbaz when the armed criminals over powered his car and sprayed bullets to kill him.
Here is a painful narration from Zimnish, the daughter of slain officer:
“Papa was in driving seat, we were returning from a marriage ceremony and were very happy. Suddenly, two masked men appeared on bike and started spraying bullets on our car.... Papa asked us to head down, these were the last words. He tried to hide in the lap of my mother but the assailants kept firing for more than 10 minutes.
By the time we came to our senses, my father and mother, both were in pool of blood and perhaps, he was dead.”
No terror angle in this case Click here to read
- It happened on Saturday night.
- Tanzil sustained 21 bullets.
- He succumbed to the injuries while on his way to the Cosmos Hospital in Moradabad.
- His wife also sustained injuries and her condition was stated to be critical.
- Inspector General of Police (IG), Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) , UP Assem Arun and Deputy Inspector General (DIG) NIA had rushed to Bijnore from Lucknow.
- He had no enmity against anyone and was a very friendly person, said Raghib Ahmad, brother of slain NIA officer.