Lights of Green Park brightens prospect to host IPL matches
Kanpur: There's good news for cricket lovers of Uttar Pradesh: the Green Park stadium of Kanpur has passed the flood light test. The possibilities of this ground hosting Indian Premiere League (IPL) matches are high.
The stadium was inspected by Srikant, the chief photographer of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association’s (UPCA) director S K Agarwal.
- The stadium had passed the final testing of its flood lights on Tuesday.
- The BCCI Chief Cameraman inspected the lights but he did not entertain media during the inspection period.
- The lights were previously tested in February when the intensity of light was recorded as 1500 lx (short for LUX, a measurement unit of illumination) which was below the board's average parameters.
- The present reports say that the intensity of lights had increased to 2100 lx which is above average and sufficient for the matches.
- Director of UPCA confirmed that the Green Park stadium had passed the final test of flood lights which has improved its chances of hosting the IPL matches.