Demonetisation triggered Bandh like situation in the country, alleges Mayawati
Lucknow: Taking potshots at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati on Monday said that under former's governance, emergency like situation has prevailed in the country making common people face 'bure din'.
"If RBI figures are to be believed, BJP people knew about the decision of scrapping of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 currency notes. PM should answer it," questions Mayawati.
Mayawati attacks PM Modi over demonetisation of currency notes:
- The claims of PM Modi on Black Money are hollow.
- There was no need of scrapping currency notes in a hurry.
- Centre should have made adequate preparations before taking the decision.
- The move of PM Modi is anti-farmer.
- Common people are suffering on the name of eradication of corruption.
- If the preparations were on since last 10 months then why common people are failing to withdraw money from banks and ATMs.
What else Mayawati said?
- BJP's Parivartan rally of Ghazipur was a big flop.
- BJP used Black Money for the rally.
- Most of the people in the rally were called from Bihar on a payment of Rs. 250.
- BJP got its volunteers without tickets in trains for Ghazipur rally.
- I would like to ask the PM that in these two-and-a-half-years, what steps has the centre taken for the people of Purvanchal?
Exclusive: BJP to contest next assembly polls in cashless manner