Dabholkar Murder Case: Dr Virendra to be produced before court
New Delhi: After three years of the murder of Hindu Janjagriti Samiti activist Narendra Dabholkar, the Central Bureau of Investigation on Friday arrested Dr Virendra Tawde.
- Dr Virendra Tawde was arrested on Friday from his residence at Panvel in Raigad district of Maharashtra.
- The agency inspected the documents, phone numbers and e-mails which was recovered from his residence.
- He will be presented before session court in Pune on Saturday.
Who was Dabholkar?
- Dabholkar was an anti-superstition activist, an Indian rationalist and author.
- He was shot dead by unidentified attackers while he was on a morning walk on the bridge near Omkareshwar temple in Pune on August 20, 2013.
The CBI took over the case from Maharastra police and filed the First Information Report(FIR) on May 9, 2014 after the orders from the Bombay High Court.