CBI probe likely in construction of Azam Khan's Jauhar University
Lucknow: The problems seem to be soaring for former Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan as after facing criticism from all across the country for offensive remark on Indian Army, his dream project Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur may fall under CBI scanner.
"The land for the construction of Rampur-based Jauhar University was taken on lease through illegal means," said Baldev Singh Aulakh, Minister of State for Minority Welfare in UP government. It may be mentioned that he is the BJP legislator from Bilaspur constituency in Rampur.
Hinting towards the possibility of a CBI probe into matter, he added, "Several irregularities were practiced in the construction of the university. Different buildings were constructed for different departments which were later taken on lease by Jauhar Trust for Rs 100 per month."
"Now, Azam Khan will have to explain the expenditure of every penny in the construction of the university," he threatened.
It should be mentioned here that the Jauhar University has been constructed on the lands given on lease by the minority commission, Waqf board and government departments. It has been alleged that the officers of certain departments were forced to give the lands to the university.
Describing it as a very serious issue, Aulakh said, "Research institute was constructed at a cost of Rs 30 crore on the land of jail. After the completion of the construction, the Jauhar trust took the buildings on lease for Rs 100 per month."
"The different buildings were constructed by government departments and then were handed over to the Jauhar trust. The previous Samajwadi Party government misused hundreds of crores of people's money in constructing the Jauhar University," he alleged.
What else he said?
- University’s guest house was constructed by PWD.
- More than Rs 200 crore were spent on its construction.
- RCC roads were constructed inside the Guest house at a whopping cost of over Rs 1300 crore.
- This was the land of the village but has now been included in trust's property.
- Medical college is also being constructed by government’s money.
- This is a very big scam, and the probe in this regard in underway.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has taken the matter into cognizance.
- After analyzing all the reports of the initial probe, CBI investigation may be recommended.