Bulandshahr DM misused power in selfie row, alleges IPS officer
Lucknow: Suspended Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Amitabh Thakur has alleged that Bulandshahr District Magistrate (DM) B Chandrakala had misused her power in sending the boy to jail for taking selfie with her.
Quoting a reply of the Right to Information (RTI), Thakur revealed that Faraz, was challaned for disturbing communal harmony under section 151 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).
Thakur, has now demanded a probe in this regard and to shift B Chandrakala from the district.
Selfie and the jail:
- Faraz was arrested on February 1 last under section 151 of the CrPC.
- He was shown arrested on February 2, in records, which shows that he was illegally taken under custody for about 24 hours, Amitabh alleged.
- There was no mention of selfie with the DM in the challan documents of Kotwali, he claimed.
- He was arrested in connection with communal tension which took place four months ago.
- Faraz was released when his uncle begged pardon from the DM.
Nutan to file a writ:
He even said that his wife Nutan Thakur, will file a writ petition in the High Court if B Chandrakala is not immediately shifted from the district.