BJP set for alliance to target 8% Rajbhar votes in UP
Lucknow: Eyeing the eight per cent vote share of Rajbhar community ahead of the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday will form an alliance with Omprakash Rajbhar led Bharatiya Samata Party .
BJP President Amit Shah is likely to announce the alliance of BJP and Bhartiya Samata Party during the ati-pichda, ati-dalit mahapanchayat to be organized at Railway ground in Mau district of Uttar Pradesh. The Bhartiya Samata Party candidates with the support of BJP may fight on 22 seats from the eastern UP.
BJP’s strategy behind the tie-up
- The rajbhar community holds a strong vote support on 42 seats
- Bhartiya Samata Party candidate bagged the third spot with eight thousand votes during Jangeepur by-polls
- BJP has already fielded Anupriya Patel to bag around 8 to 12 per cent Kurmi votes out of the total 16 per cent
Who is Omprakash Rajbhar?
- Omprakash Rajbhar earlier was a Bahujan Samaj Party leader
- He left the party in the year 2002
- Omprakash formed his own Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party