Anurag Thakur becomes the youngest BCCI President
Mumbai: Anurag Thakur has been unanimously elected as the youngest president of BCCI (Board of Cricket Control of India) in Board’s special general meeting here on Sunday.
- Thakur had a dominance of supporters from all members of the east zone.
- Previously, Shashank Manohar resigned as a BCCI president on May 10 after seven month tenure.
- Maharashtra Cricket Association chief Ajay Shirke has been appointed as the BCCI secretary.
- He is the 34th BCCI President.
- He is also the head of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association.
- He is the son of two times former Himachal Pradesh CM Prem Kumar Dhumal.