Akhilesh issues veiled warning to IAS, last year to perform
Lucknow, It was 'blow hot and cold' speech of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav during his customary address at IAS week on Friday. He said the action against the senior officers was always appreciated by the public but he desired to be soft with them.
Akhilesh was a bit harsher when he said that both the government and the officers should understand their respective positions as if the vote share of the ruling party decreased, both will suffer. He,however, did not elaborate but said he expected officers to work harder in the last year of the government.
The UP CM did not mince his words while stating that some officers did perform well but not all. '' Though I believe that non-performers will also do well in the last leg of my government,'' he pointed out.
On IAS Week
- IAS week and SP government came at the same time.
- He was referring to previous regime of Mayawati when Indian Administrative Officers (IAS) were not allowed to celebrate IAS week for five years in succession.
- It was only resumed when SP government came to the power in 2012.
- He claimed it must be the only state where political leadership and bureaucracy sit together and exchange views during the occasion.
- Government finds opportunity to speel out its priorities and work plan while officer can always give their suggestions.
On recent survey against SP government
- Referring to recent survey report which spelled doom for the ruling Samajwadi Party in the state, Akhilesh Yadav said his government had ample time to amend its ways.
- Being not so critical about the survey, he said the critics should always be kept close to you as they helped you to improve adding.
- He, however, ridiculed it rather mildly saying survey about UP is out at the time when other states are going to polls.
- It may be recalled that 'www.newztrack.com' had given a report on the basis of intelligence inputs followed by a survey in a national news channel which said SP is going to voted out of power tamely.
On other parties
- Akhilesh was at jovial self when commented that other parties did not have bridegroom thereby suggesting lack of projection of leader in the coming assembly polls in 2017.
- ''Wish others open their cards so that we may know who to fight against,'' he said.
On Law and Order:
- There is propaganda against the deteriorating Law and Order in Uttar Pradesh.
- You compare other states and will find the situation is worse.
- ''In any case, we would improve it further,'' he asserted.
- He hoped to start 'Dial 100 ' service by July next.
- It will help changing the perception about Law and Order machinery of UP.