CM Akhilesh Yadav flags off the trial run of Lucknow Metro
Lucknow: Lucknow Metro has created a sort of record when its first train chugs off for trial run piloted by two women operators directly on the corridors instead of test track, the first Metro to achieve so in the country on Thursday.
It was a proud moment for Uttar Pradesh when two women Metro operators - Prachi and Pratibha- conducted the successful Metro trial. The Metro trial was flagged off by It comes as another commendable feat of Akhilesh Yadav government to flaunt the feat.
In the first phase, Metro is to run on about 8.5 km stretch from Airport to Charbagh Railway station with five stations in-between. The metro conducted the successful trial run on the entire route.
The Lucknow Metro would be open to general public from March 26, 2017.
The dignitaries present at the event with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav were his wife Dimple Yadav, Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, SP state President Shivpal Yadav, SP leaders Azam Khan and Arvind Singh Gope along with other party leaders.
The Uttar Pardesh CM stated that the metro would play a major role in reducing the pollution in the state capital. The CM also appreciated the work of 'Metro man' Shreedharan and the Managing Director of Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation Kumar Keshav for efficient completion of the project.
You may also read: Akhilesh Yadav to flag off trial run of Lucknow Metro on Dec 1
What else Akhilesh yadav said:
- Metro has become a necessity in big cities like Lucknow.
- I want to thank all those who have supported the party in the project.
- I appreciate Netaji for gracing the event with his presence.
- Samajwadi party has always fulfilled it promises.
- Metro is just a sample of what the party is capable of.
- We have other big projects in mind which are essential for the development of the state.