Abducted boy killed, angry mob torches accused's house
Meerut: An 11-year old boy Zeeshan was abducted for ransom of Rs 5 lakh in Hathras. He was later killed and body thrown in the forest. Infuriated over the incident, irate mob set ablaze house of the accused who had kidnapped local businessman Nadeem’s son. Huge posse of police personnel have been deployed to diffuse tension in the area.
- Zeeshan was kidnapped on June 30.
- Kidnappers had demanded a ransom of five lakh rupees.
- Four days later, police arrested Nadeem’s neighbour Nazim and Monu.
- Arrested persons had admitted their involvement but denied hands in killing
- On Monday, Zeeshan's body was found in the forest on clue provide by Nazim and Monu.
What Police said-
- Nazim and Monu’s partners Waseem and Bihari Singh killed Zeeshan.
- Wasim has been arrested while Bihari Singh is on the run.
Incident sparked anger among locals:
- Once the news spread, locals gathered at victim place and held violent demonstration
- They torched house of the accused and thrashed their family members.
- Media covering the incident also faced mob fury when their cameras were tried to be broken.
- Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and police forces have, somehow, controlled the situation.