Aadhaar card made mandatory for taking admission in Madrasa
Bagpat: Taking a lead towards checking presence of unscrupulous elements in madrasas and mosques, sixty six Imams of an Uttar Pradesh district have decided to make Aadhaar card mandatory for the students taking admission in the hostels of madarasas and mosques.
Being hailed as a novel pro-active steps to keep madarsas or mosques clean, Imams of 66 Madarsas of Baghpat district met on Sunday to take such decision. The decision, though, was taken at a local meeting but is likely to go a long way to check even terror elements from entering the religious places.
- The decision assumed more importance in view of some intelligence inputs about presence of terrorist modules in Western UP.
- Aadhaar card or any government voter-id card has been made compulsory for taking admission in hostels.
- The same is also applied for the person coming to stay in mosque.
- The decision is taken in the view of controversies of identification of students staying in Madrasa hostels.
- The order was immediately applied in all the madrasa of the district